Welcome in wild Russia

Today was my hardest day of motorbiking until now. Everything started yesterday evening as I was searching for a good wild camping spot or especially a path which I can drive. The pathes off from the main road are totally worn out from 4x4 vehicles. After some rain showers over the day the path I found was hard to drive because it was so slippery. But nevertheless I could drive it.

But after the whole night of rain driving back through this path was nearly impossible. Somehow I could come back to the main road and I had to lift up the motorbike just once.

But also the main road was starting to getting more worse. Ordinary potholes are ok but now more often a carpet of potholes is appearing suddenly. At these pothole carpets I never know how deep they are just flat and the good suspensions of Isabella is managing it, or are they so deep that the metal of my motorbike and also my bones will break.

But that was not the worst for today. After some km the street was just a dirt road. On this road were just 4x4 vehicles, big lorries and me with my small motorbike. Also nobody was following the street rules, they drive in your lane if they can avoid therefore deep potholes.

After two days of rain this road was not a dirt road anymore, it was just mud. On some places the mud was 10 to 30 cm deep. This deep mud is impossible to conquer because the tires don't get hold and just slide away.

So I had to balance in a lane of a lorry where his tires have squeezed away the mud.

I was more than one time short before to fall completely in the deep mud. After 5 very exhausting kilometers in the first gear I finally passed this hard road condition.
 
Therefore I was just able to drive 340km with some rain at 13°C today. If it stays like this it will be a long way to Lake Baikal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Russian German Friendship

In a though World.

Merry Christmas